The Enphase system is new way of inverter system which allows building up systems in almost any size by using only few different basic components.
The Envoy S metered is the core of an Enphase pant. It has got the following functionalities:
- Interface between the IQ inverters and the Enlighten Cloud
- Distribution of the grid profiles to the inverters
- Measurement of energy production and consumption (smart meter function)
- Including 2 current transformers, for the usage within a three phase system, 4 additional ones are necessary ( please see accessories)
- Transfer of the measurement data to the Enlighten cloud
- Communication with the inverters via powerline
- Communication with Enlighten via WLAN, ethernet or optional cellmodem (see accessories)
- Max. 600 microinverters per Envoy
- Degree of protection IP20
For countries where a mechanical grid and plant protection is needed (currently most countries in the EU), an additional Q-Relay is also necessary.
The Envoy S metered is especially intended for markets where a power metering and/or feed-in limitation is needed. For countries without feed-in limitation (with net metering, for example), the cheaper Envoy standard is also available.
Please note the country specific regulations for warranty and service of the manufacturer.